Saturday, November 8, 2008

Orange Fuzzy Pencils

For Halloween, my children and I crafted some gifts for local nursing home friends. Generosity is an attribute I want to help them develop. This was also something I remember doing as I child. So any creative kudos you may wish to give, can be passed along to my mom.

It's easy, cheap, and also uses up those spare writing utensils we all have stashed around our homes.

Supplies needed:
  • fuzzy faux fur (Look for a bright color and long fibers.)
  • all purpose glue
  • googly eyes
  • clothespins
  • pencils galore!
Directions:
Cut the fur in 1x2 inch pieces. Make sure you "part" the hair away from where you are cutting so the hair stays as long as possible. Put glue on the back of the fur and it wrap tightly around each pencil. Clip a clothespin on the end of each pencil to hold the fur in place while it dries.
After the glue dries, remove the clothespins and glue on googly eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I have a friend who loves these. There is usually a little poem or saying that goes with these guys, I was wondering if you know what it might be. Thanks! Heather
peach_campbell@yahoo.ca