Thursday, October 16, 2008

“The best things in life aren’t things.” Mary Engelbreit

Yesterday, my whole family was in the backyard while dinner was cooking in the oven. We love our backyard. My hubby and I have not always been "yard people." We thought we were buying a small piece of property only to find that it was several times larger! But, three kids later, the outside has become a huge part of our life. We are thankful for that unexpected space.

I looked around at my little people. My toddler was trying to eat one of the jalapenos growing in our meager garden. My daughter was flipping a walking stone over to find animals (worms and bugs.) And my oldest son, the down-scaled version of Bear Grylls from Man Vs. Wild, was catching and emancipating the tiniest of lizards. "I'm releasing it back to its natural habitat."

Those lizards, worms, and jalapenos bring so much joy to my children. And my children bring me so much joy!

No comments: